ALD Automotive and cookies
ALD Automotive places cookies to provide an optimal user experience. Thanks to cookies, you do not have to enter or download the same information every time.
The cookies are used for the following purposes:
- to make the website work properly, to collect and analyze statistics to improve the experience on our website and the effectiveness of ads;
- to build personal profiles so that we can display targeted content and advertisements that match your interests;
- And to enable you to share your reaction through likes or comments;
- In addition, third parties may place cookies on our website, including tracking cookies that can also be used to build your profile.
For more information about our cookies, you can read our Terms and Conditions.
ALD Automotive and privacy
Axus Nederland B.V., trading under the name ALD Automotive (hereinafter: “we” or “ALD Automotive”) is a service provider of mobility services, among which the operational lease of vehicles. In this privacy statement we explain our practices surrounding personal data of our Business customers and drivers (hereinafter: “you”).
We respect your privacy, That’s why we process your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter: “GDPR”), other applicable laws and regulations in the area of privacy and the protection of personal data and this privacy statement.
Who is the controller for the processing of your personal data?
ALD Automotive is the controller responsible for the processing of your personal data.
Our contact information is:
- ALD Automotive
- PO Box 696
- 210AR Hoofddorp
- Tel. +31 (0)20 658 7000
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can reach our Data Protection Officer via : email@example.com.
Which personal data do we collect?
- Identification data: for example your name, address, place of residence, gender, date of birth, phone number, e-,mail address and data in relation to your proof of identification.
- Data in relation to the lease agreement: for example license plate, vehicle information, location data, maintenance and damage information, insurance data, tanking information and fines.
We always process your personal data on the basis of one or more of the following principles:
- Because we have a legitimate interest to do so;
- To be able to execute and implement a (lease) agreement;
- Because you have given consent for this;
- To comply with a legal obligation.
For which purposes do we process your personal data?
- To conclude a (lease) agreement with you and to perform the agreement.
If we have concluded a (lease) contract with you, we can process your personal data:
- to maintain contact with you (for example by mail, e-mail, by telephone and via our web portal MyALD) and manage our relationship with you;
- to have maintenance, repair and damage repair carried out on the vehicle;
- to have the vehicle inspected, for example for the APK [Dutch annual required inspection];
- to take out and manage insurance policies;
- to provide emergency or breakdown assistance;
- to make replacement transport available;
- to make a fuel card from our supplier available to you and to settle the payments made with it;
- to take care of the payment and / or handling of fines;
- for settling claims, for example if there is damage, an accident or theft;
- for invoicing and payment purposes;
- for marketing and promotional activities;
- to send newsletters, surveys and customer satisfaction surveys to you;
- for reporting purposes.
- To protect our property and interests, for example in the context of legal proceedings or in connection with measures against fraud or theft.
- To comply with legal obligations.
Do we share your personal data with third parties?
For the implementation of a (lease) contract with you we can use the services of third parties. Examples include ALD Automotive affiliates, car dealers, garages and insurers.
In such cases we will only provide your personal data insofar as this is necessary and relevant for the services provided by the third party.
It is also possible that we provide your personal data to third parties if we are obliged to do so on the basis of the law, if we have a legitimate interest or if you have given us permission to do so. If we have asked you for permission in connection with a processing or provision to a third party, you always have the right to withdraw it.
Third parties and affiliated companies that process your personal data under our responsibility, do so only for purposes and under conditions that we have agreed with them. We record these agreements in data processing agreements. You can receive a list of categories of our service providers upon request.
Is it possible that your personal data is processed outside the EEA?
It is possible that your personal data will be processed outside the European Economic Area. If this is the case, we ensure that an adequate level of protection of your personal data is guaranteed and that the transfer only takes place in accordance with the requirements set by the GDPR.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data as long as necessary for the purpose for which we have obtained it. If your (lease) agreement comes to an end, we will retain your personal data during the legal retention periods that apply to us.
How do we protect your personal data?
We have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against loss or against any form of unlawful processing. These measures include:
- Updated and up-to-date policies and work instructions and verification of compliance.
- Separation of tasks and roles, so that our employees only have access to your personal data if this is necessary for their function and role.
- Training our employees.
- Physical security of the locations where we process your personal data (e.g. access control and camera surveillance).
- IT security measures (e.g. secure servers, firewalls and encryption).
What rights do you have with regard to the personal data that we process from you?
The GDPR grants you the following rights:
- Right of access and rectification. Under Article 15 of the GDPR, you have the right to view personal data that we process about you. You also have the right to rectification if this information is incorrect or incomplete. If you have access to our My Private lease portal, you can do so yourself in many cases.
- Right of erasure. Under Article 17 of the GDPR, you have the right under certain circumstances to have your personal data deleted when they are no longer necessary. If we have a heavier weighting interest not to do so or if erasure is prohibited by law, we are not obliged to comply with your request.
- Right to limit processing. Under Article 18 of the GDPR, you have the right, under certain circumstances, to limit the processing of your personal data.
- Right to receive and portability. Under Article 20 of the GDPR, you have the right to receive your personal data from us or have it transferred by us to a third party.
- Right to object to processing. Under Article 21 of the GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. If we have a heavier weighting interest not to do so or if erasure is prohibited by law, we are not obliged to comply with your request.
- Right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, to which legal effects are attached. As part of our acceptance process, your personal details are processed automatically and (partly) automatic decisions are made about your creditworthiness.
- Right to file a complaint. Pursuant to Article 77 of the GDPR, you have the right to submit a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority about the way in which we process your personal data.
Of course you can always submit your complaint to us first. You can contact our data protection officer for this. You can exercise your rights by contacting us. As soon as we have received your request, we will inform you about the further course of the procedure.
Modification of this privacy statement
We point out that this privacy statement is subject to change. Via firstname.lastname@example.org you can request the most recent version of this privacy statement.
This privacy statement was last updated on May 25, 2018.